Get Over it For Good
How to heal the hidden wounds of childhood
You know you shouldn't live in the past.
Now you can learn to heal the childhood wounds that keep you stuck there.
Researchers have reported that 2/3 of all adults have experienced some type of adverse event during childhood. In addition, these Adverse Childhood Events (ACE's) have been shown to be associated with health and social problems throughout the lifespan.
But there has been little information available on how to heal these childhood wounds to improve emotional and physical health.
The Get Over it For Good Course is designed to take you through a step-by-step process to identify and heal the wounds of the past, based on my lifelong studies and my own journey of doing exactly that. This course combines information from several different disciplines:
- Child Development
- Brain Neuroscience
- Contemplative Spiritual Practices
- The Science of Nurturing
Get Over it For Good is about empowering you as the healer and giving you the tools and resources you need to move forward from the past.
Dr. Karen Wyatt is a family physician who spent many years of her career caring for patients in challenging settings, such as nursing homes, hospices, shelters and clinics for the underserved.
These are the questions I have heard from my patients and clients over and over again throughout my career. Do they resonate with you?
- Why am I unable to make healthy changes in my life and stick with them?
- Why do I lose control over my emotions when I don't expect it?
- Why do I sabotage relationships that matter to me?
- How do I find and fulfill my life's purpose?
With this course you will learn to:
- create positive changes in your life and sustain them
- live in the present moment rather than the past
- be your authentic self, even in difficult situations
The Get Over if For Good Course is not for people who are looking for someone to blame for their problems.
It's for those who are serious about taking responsibility for their own lives and moving beyond the past.
The course will be a good fit for you if:
- You are self-motivated and able to learn on your own
- You are ready to let go of anger over your past and move forward to healing
- You are willing to look deeply into yourself and face your shortcomings
- You are prepared to recall old memories that may cause some pain
Do any of these sound like you?
Get Over it For Good is not a trendy self-help course that promises you'll get wealthy or lose weight. It's also not a quick-fix for the challenges of life. This course is designed to create sustainable change in your life by healing old wounds with deep introspection and compassion.
And it's designed for those who are willing to practice forgiveness.
The Get Over if For Good Course is built as a step-by-step guide to recognizing and healing your hidden childhood wounds.
There are downloadable audios, PDF slides, and handouts for every module.
Module One: Introduction
- Goal and Objectives for the Course
- How the Course Works
- What You Need for the Course
- Who the Course is Intended For
- Why You Should Take This Course
Module Two: Basic Information
- The Findings of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- How to Calculate Your ACE Score
- Basic Brain Function
- Negative Memories
- 3 Keys of Creative Healing
Module Three: Trust and Hope
- How to Complete Your Own Developmental Timeline
- Basic Principles of Childhood Development
- Tasks of Emotional, Mental, Physical and Spiritual Development for Stages 1 and 2
- What Children Need from Parents in Stages 1 and 2
- Healing Strategies for Hidden Wounds
Module Four: Autonomy and Initiative
- Tasks of Development in Stages 3 and 4
- Consequences of Adverse Experiences
- Positive Parenting
- How to Reclaim and Reframe Wounds from Stages 3 and 4
Module Five: Competency and Identity
- Tasks of Development in Stages 5 and 6 of Childhood
- Consequences of Adverse Experiences
- Healing Strategies for Wounds from Stages 5 and 6
Module Six: Putting it All Together
- Reviewing the Building Blocks
- Analyzing Your Timeline
- Key Practices for Reclaiming and Reframing
- Creating a Tool Kit for Coping with Adversity
- Audio Recording: First Aid for the Soul - 10 Tools for Getting Back on Track When Life Derails You
- Audio Recording: Through My Eyes mp3 - brief guided meditation to awaken the soul
- Light the Way: a special gift mp3 of 4 songs by spiritual singer Gia!
- Free 30-minute Consultation with Dr. Wyatt (by phone or Skype)
- A detailed Course Workbook with questions, exercises, and journal prompts that apply to each step along the way. Designed to help you apply each lesson to your own situation in a printable PDF format.
- ACE Score Calculator
- Strengths Self-Assessment
- Developmental Timeline Template
- Childhood Developmental Stages Outline
So now that you know what's in the Get Over it For Good Course are you ready to join me?
This course contains everything I have learned throughout my medical career and my own personal journey about healing the past, all wrapped up in a step-by-step guide that will help you recover from the hidden wounds of your childhood.
Get Started Now!
Dr. Karen Wyatt lives in Silverthorne CO and is a family physician by training who spent many years of her medical career caring for hospice patients. She is the author of the book What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying. She also hosts the popular online interview series End-of-Life University, where she interviews experts who work in all aspects of the end-of-life arena. She is widely regarded as a thought-leader and “mover and shaker” in the effort to transform the way we care for our dying in the U.S. In addition, she is valued for her spiritual wisdom and application of spiritual principles to illness and healthcare and has been called “America’s Spiritual MD.” Learn more about her work at www.karenwyattmd.com. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.