Step-by-Step Roadmap For End-of-Life Planning
Everything you need to know about creating your advance directives
Studies show that the people who experience peace and comfort at the end of life have planned ahead and been prepared for the future.
That means they have thought about their last days, decided what type of care they would like to receive, and talked about it with their loved ones.
What about you? Are you prepared for the future? Have you told your family and friends about your wishes?
In this course you'll be guided step-by-step through the process of creating an advance directive to ensure that your healthcare wishes are honored at the end of life. Dr. Karen Wyatt, with her years of experience as a hospice medical director, will show you how to clarify your values and goals so that you can make the best possible choices for your future medical needs.
Take the End-of-Life Preparedness Quiz below to see if you are ready for the future!
Dr. Karen Wyatt lives in Silverthorne CO and is a family physician by training who spent many years of her medical career caring for hospice patients. She is the author of the book What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying. She also hosts the popular online interview series End-of-Life University, where she interviews experts who work in all aspects of the end-of-life arena. She is widely regarded as a thought-leader and “mover and shaker” in the effort to transform the way we care for our dying in the U.S. In addition, she is valued for her spiritual wisdom and application of spiritual principles to illness and healthcare and has been called “America’s Spiritual MD.” Learn more about her work at www.karenwyattmd.com. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Is this course right for you?
The Roadmap for End-of-Life Planning is right for you if:
- You haven't yet completed your Advance Directive and want some guidance
- You know you should do this planning but don't know where to start
- You completed an Advance Directive in the past, but it's time to update it
The Roadmap walks you through everything you need to know and consider before you make decisions about your end-of-life plans. Through the exercises included in the course you will clarify your own values and goals for later life and find it easier to make decisions for the future.
"With my hospice experience I've helped many people make choices at the end of life. I can give you the education and the guidance you need to make the best decisions for you and your loved ones. I'm passionate about making sure that you learn how to find peace and joy at the end of life." - Dr. Karen Wyatt
Take the End-of-Life Preparedness Quiz above to see if you might benefit from this course.
What will you find inside this course?
The Roadmap Course has been created to be a step-by-step guide to clarifying your end-of-life wishes, completing the necessary paperwork, and taking steps to inform the important people in your life about your decisions.
There are videos for every lesson as well as downloadable audio files that you can listen to on any device. The course is self-paced so you can do it on your own schedule. The core modules include:
1. Why Plan Ahead: You'll learn the reasons why planning ahead is important and the difference it will make in your life as you grow older. The information you gather in this module can help you explain to your friends and family why you are creating your advance directives and why they should take this step too!
2. Mindset and Preparation: This module teaches you the problems with our society's old mindset about aging and the end of life and invites you to adopt a new way of thinking about your own later years. With this new positive attitude you will be in the right frame of mind to consider your wishes for your last days. You will also explore your values, goals, beliefs and fears so that you can make the best possible choices.
3. Creating Your Plans: In Module 3 you will be guided step-by-step through completing the Healthcare Proxy form and Living Will from your state or province, along with the CPR/DNR Directive, if needed. There will also be guidance for using Five Wishes as an alternative Living Will if you choose to use it. Each decision you need to make will be discussed in detail so that you will understand all of the implications of the choices you make.
4. Acting On and Sharing Your Plans: The final module of the course shows you how to legalize your forms, where to store them and how to have conversations with the important people in your life.
There is also BONUS Content for each module that consists of Articles, Audio Presentations and Interviews with various end-of-life experts that can help you learn more about the planning process and how to make these crucial decisions.
Are you ready to start the journey?
"This course contains everything I've learned over my medical career about planning for the end of life in a step-by-step guide. You will save time and frustration and avoid some common mistakes in making your own plans by taking the course. You'll have the wisdom and knowledge of a hospice doctor guiding you every step of the way!" - Dr. Karen Wyatt
Just scroll down and click Enroll in Course now. If you have a discount Coupon Code you will be able to enter it on the Checkout page to receive your discount.
If you'd like to join the course there is zero risk and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
As soon as you enroll you'll have lifetime access to the course materials, including everything added in the future.